THE BUILDING HISTORY
The building was built around 1800 to be the palace of a wealthy Lisboan family. The building has been completely refurbished but still retains its incredible fireplaces, ornate three meter high ceilings and its unique original wooden floor. The facade has been restored to its original color, which gives the hostel a unique look and makes it easily identifiable from virtually anywhere in the city.
- The palace was in a very bad condition so it was fully rehabilitated: restored façade to its original color, new roof, new wooden window frames and new infrastructures
- There was also an interior design project, converting this palace into a hostel with 150 beds, modern bathrooms, cozy common areas, exterior lounge with a beautiful view over Lisbon.
- This hostel was explored by Reabilita, in 2012 it was rented to Equity Point and then sold.
- Project year: 2010 and 2011
- Construction works: 7months
- Contractor: Bauarc